Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Find Anything on Craigslist

I recently acquired some animals and needed a cage for one to live in. I was worried because I didn't really have any money.

I decided that I would post a wanted ad on www.craigslist.com to see if I would get lucky finding some one who had a large aquarium that they no longer wanted. I didn't expect to get any responses but I got several. Since the tank was for a reptile I posted that it was alright if it was cracked or leaked.

I was very surprised on the responses. I ended up getting a couple large tanks for free.

So, if there is anything you need/want for cheap, just go ahead and post, even if you think no one will have it. It never hurts to ask and you may luck into something like I did. Just remember the quality you should expect for cheap or free and you'll be fine.

This works out well for everyone. I got some aquariums that I can really use. The people I picked them up from don't have to throw them out or haul them away. It is also like they are getting reused, which is good for the environment. Much better than sitting in a landfill not decomposing. After all, every little bit helps.

No comments: